Fabricating of a Galvanized Steel Dispenser Handle for the Food Appliance Industry
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Request a Quote
At Leaf Industries, Inc., our long history of manufacturing sheet metal components enables us to offer our customers design support for manufacturability and cost-effectiveness. These were exactly the qualities that spurred one of our food appliance customers to contact us when they needed a continual supply of thousands of high-quality galvanized steel dispenser mechanisms. We fabricated the handles out of galvanized and zinc plated 18 GA steel sheet, which was subsequently turret punched and formed according to customer specifications and 2D CAD drawings. In addition to assembling the handles, we were able to source additional components as needed to complete the project. We followed up assembly with dimensional and visual inspections, as well as functionality testing. The steel dispenser handles are 12” long, 5” wide, and made to exacting tolerances of ±0.010”.
Like all of the products we fabricate, these dispensers had to work flawlessly and they had to be available at a moment’s notice. Our quality assurance administrative and procedural practices prevented manufacturing mistakes and eliminated defects. Our assembly line of these handles never stops. Through Leaf’s fulfillment services, we monitor and manage the customer’s inventory level using a kanban system and while maintaining product bins for these parts. We now manufacture 8,000 to 10,000 of these handles on a regular basis to maintain proper levels in the continuous bin system.
This is what we do at Leaf Industries - We provide design support and cost-effective, scheduled manufacturing of sheet metal components so our customers have one less thing about which to worry. To learn more, contact us today.
Fabricating of a Galvanized Steel Dispenser Handle for the Food Appliance Industry Highlights
- Product Name
- Dispenser Handle
- Project Scope
- Fabricate, Assemble, and Deliver the Dispenser Handle in large volumes to the customer while ensuring 100% Quality and 100% Product Availability.
Design Support for Manufacturability and Cost Effectiveness
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Turret Punching
- Plating Component Sourcing
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 12”
- Tightest Tolerance
- ± 0.010”
- Material Used
- Galvanized and Zinc Plated Hardware
- Material Thickness: 18 GA for Fabricated Parts
- Material Finish
- Galvanized Material and Zinc Hardware with No Additional Finish
- Special Feature
- Multiple Assembled Items – with 100% Quality Assurance
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection, Functionality
- Industry for Use
- Food Appliance
- Yearly Volume: 8,000 – 10,000 on a continuous Bin System
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Bin Replacement System. Bins are filled daily on a Kanban System monitored by Leaf Industries.
- Delivery Location
- Minneapolis, MN
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
View Other Past Projects
Back to Top